Thursday, September 26, 2013

4:1 this blog...

This blog. I swear it'll be the end of me. 
Probably not, but it still gets to me. 
Though I have a lot on my to do list that I "sweep under the rug," I can't get away with not writing blog entries. Therefore, the blog sits at the bottom of my priority list of things-I-can't-get-away-without-doing. 
I go through the week, getting by with what I need to do. Oh wait, I have to write a blog entry. 
Just finished my homework! Nope, gotta write a blog entry. 
Time for sleep! Guess what? Blog time! 
This blog is a burden to my sanity. Perhaps if I thoroughly enjoyed writing or had prolific ideas, blogging wouldn't be such a pain. However, I am who I am (not an avid author), and this blog continues to be a thorn in my side. 
Maybe it's the pressure of publishing my writing for the world to see. The perfectionist within me doesn't like cranking out bits and pieces of thoughts jumbled together. I like one piece of work that I have refined into what I consider close to perfection. 
My classmates always seem to be more ontop of things and are eloquent writers, where I am the one to write a jumbled mess that may or may not make sense. 
In a perfect world, I would have energy and focus to complete everything I need to do in a timely manner and nothing would get swept under the rug. However, in the "real world," life is full of distractions, and time really does fly. My priorities have changed from homework to a social life and wanting to do things my own way. A part of me desires to be that book-loving nine year-old again, but I know that I have grown up and feel like I don't have time to sit around and not be "productive." I get caught up with the fast pace of the world around me, and forget to take time for the little things. 
Instead of looking at the big picture all the time, I should also take a step back and focus on what I can do today that I will thank myself for later. 
Putting the blog at a higher priority may ease my stress about it, as once I make the time to write, it isn't such a daunting task. However, it can be difficult not to get caught in the mindset of "here's what I need to do, but there's so much, so I won't do it, and worry about it later." 
I guess that means for my own best interest, I will write again very soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment