Monday, March 3, 2014

19:1 true beauty

I am skinny. That's just how I am. If you tell me I'm not beautiful because of it, then you're not beautiful either, because you have a bad spirit. Being envious is perfectly normal, but something that should be realized and changed into a positive thought. Sure, I see other women and am envious of traits they have and start thinking that I don't like them. Then I realize that I don't like them because I'm envious, so compliment them about that trait, and move on. I may not be able to be curvy or 5'11", but I am healthy and happy. So when people blanket the issue, saying "everyone is beautiful," how true is it? Beauty isn't defined simply on the outside- rule number one in life, right? "It's what's on the inside that counts"? So why is society still bringing physical appearance into the argument? I believe every woman, or man for that matter, has the ability to feel beautiful. However, health should be thought of as well. If someone is overweight or underweight, it's not healthy. Women should focus on working out and eating right to be fit and healthy, instead of looking a certain way. There are different body types and which ones are "prettiest"? Healthy, happy ones.
Believe me- I always feel more beautiful and confident when I have a good outfit on, with some makeup to go with it. But makeup or good shoes can't fix an envious soul. I believe that women need to learn, or be taught, how to appreciate themselves and what they do to feel beautiful- putting on some lipstick, helping someone in need, etc. We can't keep going back and forth on the debate over which body type is more attractive. If you're healthy and a kind person, then yes, I believe you are beautiful. More people, I think, would be able to feel this way if they stopped turning envy into hate and negativity. Appreciate what other people have, as well as what you have. You can't change your body type, but you can change your attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment